Saturday, November 24, 2012

Summer Break Pt 1

It feels so good to be free! I know right now most people back home are wrapping up their classes and (starting to? Maybe?) get ready for exams. Here is a picture of me being jealous about their school calendar:












For the past week, I've been travelling- we went to Flinders Ranges this week and hiked at Wilpena Pound, which is a kind of annoying mountain arrangement that  looks like it was the result of an asteroid or volcano but really isn't. Dang. One of the trip members got sick right before our excursion, kind of a bummer, but I still had a good time. We got to take this nice hike up the mountain that involved climbing what would probably be a 5.2-5.3, which is nice because it wasn't strenuous going up, but the descent was awful. There is something about not knowing if rocks will stay where they are that freaks me out.
 


I did take pictures this time! But they were all with my Holga, so I have 8 pictures to go before I get the roll developed. The sun was great during the entire trip, so I am excited to see how all the colours have turned out.

Now, I just need to get everything together before my Gold Coast trip. Guys, I'm so excited. 2 weeks with 3 amazing people, and getting to meet up with other awesome friends along the way? Yes please. Going on a sailboat cruise to the Whitsunday Islands and snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef? Sure, why not. Surfing along the coast? Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Fish and chips? Is that even a question?


Even more exciting is the fact that I get to celebrate my 21st birthday in yet another country! So far, my major birthdays have all been in new locations:

              16th: My first year in North Carolina (hey now, it was a big deal for me)
              18th: Limoges, France
              21st: Town of 1770, Australia

It's kind of sad that there really aren't many other major birthdays; it would have been nice to have the excuse to travel some more :) Travelling is addicting! I really enjoy living in different places- I have met amazing people and done so many things. I hate to think that, once I get older, this might stop, so for now I would like to make travelling a part of my future life. But we all know how planning for the future turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment