Saturday, December 15, 2012

Travelling like there's no tomorrow.

This will be my last Australian blog post for a while- close to a month and a half. I leave for Charlotte at exactly 3:30 AM tomorrow. That's when the poor cabbie has to deal with my sleep-deprived self and drive me to the airport. Then, after about 36 hours, I'll be home. The last time I saw my family for more than 3 days was about 9 months ago. Whoah.

I'm looking forward to going home for obvious reasons, but at the same time (and for just as obvious reasons) I'm not looking forward to leaving Adelaide. This place gave me some really good months, to be sure. And while everyone else here will be having their final awesome adventures and saying their last goodbyes while they pop bottles in Sydney for New Year's, I'll already be back with my family. Which is great, of course. I'm lucky to have this break in my study abroad, but leaving is still bittersweet.

The most difficult goodbyes have already been said, though. And I'm ready to see some familiar faces.

So look out, America! Ready or not, I'm coming back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment