Monday, June 03, 2013

34 days

I started this blog with a post titled exactly the same as this one. I was 34 days out from travelling to Australia, and I decided to start this blog because I was freaking out a little bit about what was ahead of me. At the time it felt like moving to Australia meant I would have to give up a lot of the things I felt comfortable with. I had put 2 years worth of effort into settling into life at A&M, and I didn't know how just leaving and going somewhere else would turn out.

Obviously, it turned out ok. Well, more than ok- I've had an amazing (if somewhat confusing and, at times, super stressful) year here in Australia, and I've experienced and learned a lot. Australia and study abroad have been good to me. But I've been here almost a year, and I don't want to go back to the States just yet. I could stay in Adelaide for a while more. I could travel for a while more. I'm just not ready to get back into my comfort zone, if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment