Friday, June 08, 2012

31 days!

I'm not even going to lie. There's something about traveling halfway around the world by myself that is a little scary. Just a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to see Australia and learn new things (ecology and surfing, can I get a WHOOP) and get a totally different college experience for a year, but let's be real:

In a month, I will be traveling about 10,000 miles, the equivalent of 40% of the Earth's circumference. In the following two weeks I'll have to register for classes, get settled in a dorm, and meet all new people. By myself. In a strange place where kangaroos are considered giant rats and people step on each others' heads to play a sport called "football" which is neither football nor soccer.

(Don't believe me on the last part? Watch this.)

I know I'll love it. But it's still a big change. Even with a lot of new schools under my belt, this is a lot different from any other change I've had to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment