Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Outback Photo Album


Photo by Katti
Kings' Canyon. I think we're about 150 m from the ground. Kings' Canyon was our first hiking trip and it was ridiculous. We all just climbed rocks and trees and went swimming. Photo by Katti.
The outback trip was brilliant. Right now, it's difficult to find words that would describe it well. Maybe pictures would be better? Photos it is, then.

The sunset on our first night out. We slept on the side of the road. The stars are amazing in the Outback. I thought there were lots of stars in Adelaide, but nope. We could see the Milky Way. Sometimes we'd just stop talking for a few minutes to look up. Photo by Amel.

We had two of these bad boys (the camper vans, not the actual boys) that we drove all around. Petrol is so expensive here! Out by Uluru, we were paying about $2.50 a LITRE. That's around $10.00 a gallon. Ridiculous. Photo by Amel.
It got way hot here. During the Uluru walk, it was above 36 C (96.8 F)- I only know this because that was the reason the climb to the top was closed. Of course, there wasn't much shade, and so we were exhausted even in the beginning of the walk. We all drank so much water. These shelters were a Godsend. Photo by Christoph.

We got up around 5:40 am to see the sunrise at Uluru. I have to say Uluru was probably the least exciting part of the trip. Our feet were so sore by the time we got there, and it really is just a rock in the middle of nowhere. I liked Kings' Canyon a lot more. Photo by Flo.
We spent so much time in those dang cars. I couldn't drive, so I mostly ate and slept. And now I wonder why my clothes seem a little tight....hmmm. Photo by Marcel, except he's in the picture so I don't know who's actually taking it.
More to come!  I am still in the process of stealing everyone's photos so there should be more soon :) I have to say I recommend this trip, though. If you're ever in Australia, find a group of 8 Germans, 1 Parisian, 1 Finn, and 1 Canadian and plan a trip to the Northern Territory together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment