Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Northcliffe in Pictures

 Over the week, I found out my hosts were a little politically alternative, that fake meat is kind of disgusting, and that weeding for 5 hours a day by yourself can a) make you go crazy and b) kill your back. But overall it was a good experience. I recommend Help-Ex-ing for anyone who doesn't go into situations with too many preconceptions! Now for some photos:

My hut. I lived in a storage container for a week

To be fair, it wasn't that bad. But it would have
been better if:
a. I knew how to make a fire
b. I didn't have to hear rats every night





Mill community right by the town center

The granite rock on which I lost one of my
memory cards :(

Karri trees- very, very big eucalypts

My reading material for the week. The New Woman is from
1999, and the Woman's Day is from 2004. 

My hosts didn't throw anything away. Apparently, letting
cars oxidize is more environmentally friendly than recycling
the metal?


No comments:

Post a Comment