Friday, April 26, 2013

Perth Part 2: Or how my fall break became really expensive

Guys, I really like Perth. It's not super exciting like I'd imagine Sydney and Melbourne would be, but hey, it's better than Adelaide. Plus, the food is really REALLY good. My first night back I went to this Indian restaurant called Annalakshmi- it's a buffet that is (get ready) all you can pay! As an American (aka poor) student (aka poorer) this phrase is music to the ears. So when I went, I ate way too much food- it was all vegetarian and they had a selection of curries and rices and even this tamarind soup that was pretty interesting. But when I found out it was being run by a charity, I ended up giving them $20. Ugh, conscious.

I think I'm starting to turn into a city girl. I had no qualms walking about the city by myself at night and shooting different areas. Considering I used to be (and still kind of am) afraid of the dark, I would say that is pretty good! It was a Saturday night, so there were people all dressed up for the clubs and bars- it was pretty classy.







On my day 2 back I went to Fremantle with a super adorable Korean gal from my dorm. At my hostel, most of the other people were staying for at least a few weeks; apparently, Perth is a good place for backpackers to find work. Fremantle is very cool- it's a small beach town with a market, an old prison, and a nice harbor with a plethora of fish and chips places. Plus, the Little Creatures microbrew is there and it's not bad. Not bad at all.




Next stop was the beach. I have officially been to 75% of the world's oceans, people! Whoop! It's a shame I won't be able to get to the Arctic Ocean when I go to Iceland, but I'll just have to travel some more to get there :) The water was nice- pretty warm, actually- but the weather was fussy. It would rain for 30 seconds and then get really windy and then sunny BUT WAIT more rain and wind. So not super fun but a nice day overall.




I was super keen to get back into the city by 5 pm because that was when the paczki truck was going to close. But funny story, while I was eating a plum paczek my flight to Adelaide was departing. I had thought it was leaving on Monday, not Sunday (plot twist!), and only figured that out when I tried to print my boarding passes a day late. WHOOPS. But in my extra 24 hours I got a nice tour of the hipster district and King's Park from the Buckeye Shia LeBouf lookalike I met my first day here. So it wasn't a complete waste. But now I know to write down my itineraries...or tattoo them, depending on how important they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment